360i is an award-winning agency that drives results for Fortune 500 marketers by making brands culturally relevant amid the rapid pace of consumer behavior change. 360i is a highly strategic creative and media partner with a deep understanding of how people discover brands and share stories across all channels. 360i has been recognized in Advertising Age's Agency A-List issue seven years in a row, and was named MediaPost's OMMA Agency of the Year three years straight. The agency’s clients include NatGeo, DSW, Mondelez, Capital One and HBO. For more information, visit blog.360i.com or follow us on Twitter @360i.
360i is looking for an exceptional Media Director to join our paid search team in Chicago. Overall, this job is for someone who loves search, gets excited about seeing their team succeed, enjoys problem solving, and seeks out ways to inspire, foster growth and build genuine partnerships with the team and clients. The leader in this role is responsible for providing strategic direction for their assigned teams and demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of their client’s business, the industry, and competitive landscape. They should be a talented media trailblazer with a proven track record of owning paid search strategy and execution from end-to-end, excels at improving operational efficiencies and team workflow, skilled at developing team members and capable of creating positive, meaningful change. The Media Director must be both strategic and hands on, have a strong project management sensibility and be engaged and tenacious about delivering outstanding media ideas and results. This high visibility role is perfect for those with a passion for innovation, collaboration and outstanding team management.
- Owns media strategy and client relationship. Serves as a trusted adviser and subject matter expert (SME) both internally and externally.
- Spearhead innovation for high profile, established client roster to drive their business forward.
- Actively demonstrate thought leadership to guide and advise clients, vet opportunities, and devise arguments and selling strategies.
- Directly responsible for development of supervisors and search managers; have an influence on a team of 10+.
- Collaborate with cross-functional 360i teams, balancing the needs of the client with the needs of the team/agency to ensure a “one team” mentality.
- Remain close enough to daily operations to be able to assist when junior team members need help and/or guidance.
- Able to lead and nurture team growth through effective mentorship. Influence behavior by providing detailed instruction, supporting rationale, and ongoing feedback that is tailored to the individual.
- Responsible for elevating the paid search practice (e.g., sharing advanced tactics with other teams, presenting at cross-office meetings, mentoring junior employees not on your direct team) and operational standards and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of digital and paid search experience, leading teams and communicating with clients
- Minimum of 3+ years managing a team of employees
- Deep expertise in SEM, as well as a strong understanding of other channels including product listing ads/shopping, programmatic, display, paid social, and others.
- Able to navigate and speak to the complexities of the digital media landscape across disciplines, without necessarily needing to be an expert in each discipline. Is relied upon to confidently and proactively speak to the value and when to apply each.
- Drives thought leadership, POVs and crafts presentations that ignite and innovate the business.
- Persuasive storyteller and presenter. Must be comfortable developing and delivering strategic presentations and able to think on one’s feet.
- Generates client confidence as a trusted advisor by actively listening and understanding challenges and or roadblocks and speaking with authority on how we will address them.